Customers cannot chose their electricity distributor, so awareness of the United Energy brand has always been low. However a changing energy landscape – with emerging technologies, environmental concerns, and new regulations around pricing – meant this had to change.
Digital Tonic assisted United Energy to generate awareness of their role in the energy supply chain while seeking their customers’ feedback on their performance now and their electricity priorities in the future. We extended their existing corporate brand, introducing a more approachable look and feel with a visual and written language that moved their focus from ‘us’ to ‘you’. A new suite of infographics, icons and lifestyle focused imagery, help to convey the value they deliver in a way that customers can quickly comprehend.
- Creating a clear and simple message about who UE is and what they do
- Explaining how energy actually gets to homes and businesses and the role UE plays
- Making customers care about electricity distribution
- Connecting with customers on a human level
- Making the customer the hero rather than UE
- Presenting value in what UE deliver
The new customer-focused look and feel was carried across an information kiosk used in various shopping centres, an interactive app used to survey customers, various publications, local newspaper advertising, flyers and direct mailers and across UE’s dedicated ‘Your Say’ stakeholder website.